The Significant Sites & Structures Guide catalogues the Village of Ossining's numerous buildings, neighborhoods, and other locations that are of architectural, cultural, and historical significance.
The significance of both sites and structures is defined using criteria set forth by the National Register of Historic Places.
- Cultural: For properties associated with important historical figures or figures
- Historical: For properties associated with important events or patterns of history
- Architectural: For properties that are a notable example of period architecture, engineering, or landscape design
- Engineering: For public works representing an unprecedented engineering achievement
- Revolutionary War Era and Earlier (1799 and Before)
- Early 19th Century (1800-1839)
- Mid 19th Century (1840-1869)
- Late 19th Century (1870-1899)
- Early 20th Century (1900-1939)