Back to Article List
Village of Ossining Board of Trustees appoints new Trustee, approves Tree Local Law, and contracts
Release Date: January 17, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Asst. to Village Manager
Village of Ossining, NY
The Village of Ossining Board of Trustees appoints new Trustee, approves Tree Local Law, and contracts at Legislative Meeting
(Ossining, NY, January 17, 2007) The Board of Trustees of the Village of Ossining held their regular legislative meeting Tuesday, January 16th. Numerous items were enacted upon by resolution these included…
- Michael R. Curry was appointed to the seat of Trustee to fill the unexpired term of Mayor Hanauer. The Village Board of Trustees has chosen Michael Curry to fill the unexpired term of trustee seat left open when Bill Hanauer was elected Mayor. Curry is a heath care communications executive, and is partner and president of The Curry Rockefeller Group, located in Tarrytown, NY. He is a member of a long-established Ossining family and graduated from Ossining High School in 1978. Mike was chosen because of his business background, his dedication to the Ossining community as expressed through his volunteer work, and for his communications expertise. Trustee Curry will act as liaison to the Environmental Advisory Committee, the Historic Review Commission, the Hudson River Towns, the Greenway and Greenway Compact Committee and Riverwalk.
- Adoption of Tree Local Law This legislation regulates tree removal and protects against clear cutting of trees.
- Parking at Joseph G. Caputo Community Center - Public Hearing Scheduled for February 6th at 7:30. With the construction of the new pool facility almost complete, a new parking area with 45 spaces will become available. This legislation is proposed to help make parking at the Community Center easier for Recreation program participants. Members of the public wishing to be heard on this subject are encouraged to attend.
- Appointment of Two Fire Fighters We are proud to announce that Donovan Ashley and Eric Fermann have joined the Ossining Fire Department. The Department provides fire protection, rescue & public 'Fire Prevention & Safety" education, throughout the Village and Town of Ossining and is an all volunteer service consisting of over 450 members.
- Extension of the Westchester County Stop DWI Program for an additional four years. This program provides for reimbursement to the Village for costs incurred for DWI Stops up to $8,400.00 per year.
Regular Legislative Meetings of the Village Board are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Court Room at 86-88 Spring Street, Ossining. A full copy of the Board of Trustee Meeting agendas and minutes are available at the Village’s website: www.villageofossining.org.
As a reminder….
- Residents are encouraged to report any street lights out or icy patches to the Department of Public Works at 941-4660.
- 1st Half Village Taxes are Due…January Village Taxes can be paid on-line at www.villageofossining.org, by mail or at the Municipal Building, the Finance office is open Monday thru Friday 9:00-4:30, and will also be open on Saturday, January 27th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. to receive payments.
- The Village has a new system for Recreation program registration and cards. Residents can now register on-line at www.villageofossining.org.
- Watch your mail for the new Recreation brochure. We expect our new pool to open shortly, please call the Recreation Department at 941-3189 for information on aquatics programs and Masters Swimming programs.
- The next Comprehensive Plan meeting is scheduled for January 29th at 7:30 p.m. at Park School, 22 Edward Street. This is the 2nd of 4 workshops. Village infrastructure issues will be discussed, as will additional topics including traffic, public transportation, pedestrian circulation, water supply, wastewater management. For more information contact the Department of Planning at 762-6232 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Village Board is seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Civilian Police Complaint Review Board. For additional information regarding qualifications and requirements necessary, please contact the Village Manager’s Office at 941-3554. Individuals interested in applying must respond in writing by January 31, 2007.