FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Asst. to Village Manager
Village of Ossining, NY
The Village of Ossining Board of Trustees holds re-organizational meeting and regular meeting.
New legislation, contracts, patrolmen approved!
Ossining, NY, January 3, 2007 The Board of Trustees of the Village of Ossining held their annual reorganizational and regular meetings last night. Numerous items were enacted upon by resolution these included several of the annual resolutions as well as…
- Board Liaison’s appointments Each Trustee acts as liaison to several committees, commissions, departments, and community organizations.
- Vote on Tree Local Law Scheduled for January 16, 2007 This proposed legislation seeks to regulate tree removal and protect against clear cutting of trees.
- Rules of Conduct of Village Board Meetings The resolution includes changing the meeting format, adjusting speaking times and concluding the taped portion of the meeting with old and new business of the Board, followed by recognition of those present at the meeting seeking to submit issues for the Board’s consideration.
- Appointment of Two Police Officers
- Adoption of Snow Emergency Street Legislation designating certain streets “snow emergency streets” parking will be prohibited on such streets when a snow emergency is declared to facilitate plowing, sanding and salting.
- Authorization to purchase software to convert official Village minutes into electronic files
- Agreement to use the Ossining.com website and email subscriber base to aid the Village in disseminating important information and current events in the Village.
Regular Legislative Meetings of the Village Board are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Court Room at 86-88 Spring Street, Ossining. A full copy of the Board of Trustee Meeting agendas and minutes are available at the Village’s website: www.villageofossining.org.